Sixth Form Dress Expectations
Although there is no Sixth Form uniform you must be dressed in a manner that is appropriate to a Sixth Form student. Inappropriate or offensive clothing will not be allowed. Remember you are dressing for school do not be too casual. Inappropriate clothing includes:
Following consultation with a steer group of current Y11 and Y12 students and recognising the Sixth Form students’ position as role models within our school and wider community,
The emphasis is a ‘smart casual’ approach.
We want our Sixth Form to look work ready whilst remaining at ease and comfortable. Although initially we felt a ‘don’t’ list sounded rather negative it perhaps is useful when defining our guidelines. Following the consultation it was agreed that there should be:
• No sportswear; tracksuit or jogging bottoms, running tights, hoodies, football shirts.
• Nothing with holes or rips.
• No leggings unless worn under a dress or skirt.
• No t-shirts with large logos/slogans/band names.
• No very short skirts
• No shorts (may be reviewed in the summer months).
• No cropped or revealing tops.
• No trainers other than plain black.
• No facial piercings (except a discrete stud in the nose).
IF YOU ARE BREAKING THE CODE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE SCHOOL SITE AND RETURN APPROPRIATELY DRESSED